December 1. ISKCON 50 – S.Prabhupada Daily Meditations. Srila…



December 1. ISKCON 50 – S.Prabhupada Daily Meditations.
Srila Prabhupada taught of the importance of the spiritual master. No one can understand Krishna except through the spiritual master. However, he never said, “I am that pure devotee. I am the spiritual master.” If somebody asked him bluntly, he replied, “That you can judge for yourself.” Yet he preached that we must surrender to the spiritual master. When some met Prabhupada, they resisted, suspecting that he was just an exchange of material false egos. They thought, “Oh, he’s trying to sell himself as the guru. He wants me to submit to him,” so they resisted. However, some who wanted a guru did not resist and accepted him. We wanted a loving exchange with Krishna. “Why are they after me?” Prabhupada asked later, “I am just an Indian, I have no money. I never bribed them.”
Read the entire article here: http://www.dandavats.com/?p=20490&page=3

Archive

Show more