Practice Loving Krsna

Hare KrishnaBy Sridhara Swami

Sex is the highest material pleasure, and love of God is the highest spiritual pleasure. For some people it's disheartening to learn that they have to make a choice. The real thing to understand is that the pleasure of sex life has a heavy downside. There's an old saying that if you pick up one end of the stick you pick up the other end of the stick too. If you want sense pleasure, then you have to take sense pain sukha and duhkha, happiness and distress. Some of us have been to the school of hard knocks and have gotten a little realization. I'm not perfect in my understanding of it, but in my heart of hearts I know that when I'm free from lust, anger, greed, envy, that kind of purity will bring me happiness beyond compare. I want that. And I'm prepared to be patient, determined, and enthusiastic to achieve it, because I've seen that in this world, practically speaking, there is only suffering. You can say something brings less suffering and therefore it's enjoyable. But I want a pleasure that is ever increasing. That plea-sure exists, but it requires effort to attain. By the process of sankirtana by chanting and taking spiritual food and living a simple life and associating with other devotees and practicing sincerely you can attain the perfection of pleasure.

Archive

Show more