To Srila Prabhupada, I give my life. I owe him…



To Srila Prabhupada, I give my life. I owe him everything!
MadanMohanMohini dasi: After graduating from high school in 1966, my friend and I went to the Village in New York City to check out the scene. While there, we heard a, ‘ching, ching, ching, ching, ching, ching’ and turned around. Looking through the intense heat waves we saw, in double file, a group of somebodies or somethings in saffron orange clothes, singing, playing instruments, and floating down the hot sidewalk. I turned to my friend and said, “New York sure is a weird place. Let’s get out of here!” She and I crossed the road. To this day, we clearly remember the incident.
My parents wanted me to go to college. I went, hated it, and quit before the first trimester was finished. I became a secretary in a huge corporation, which soon went against the grain of my wild desires that were brewing inside me. So I decided the best way to really become happy was not by earning a lot of money

(This post has been viewed 1214 times so far)

Archive

Show more