“Consumption” (6 min. video)



“Consumption” Video for the day by His Grace Mahatma Prabhu (6 min video)
We can look at consumerism as an addiction, we can look at it as a disease and we can at least acknowledge that the disease is there, or the potential to be addicted or maybe acknowledge that we already are addicted that you know perhaps we waste money or we waste time in shopping so a good motto which I learned from my father when you want to shop is just ask yourself do I need it or do I just want it, and it’s maybe hard to admit that you really don’t get it like you really don’t need that upgrade but of course sometimes you get it for free so that’s ok but if you have to pay you know this has some new bells and whistles but you really don’t need them but you want them and so as devotees I think we should be more in within that culture of simplicity purchase based on needs rather than wants and anyway these are some ideas on consumerism I’ll leave it up to you to process it as you like but I like to start as I thought it was worthwhile to share these things.

(This post has been viewed 610 times so far)

Archive

Show more