From Cyndi Lauper’s memoirs (Famous American singer, songwriter, actress and activist)



From Cyndi Lauper’s memoirs. (Cyndi Lauper, is an American singer, songwriter, actress and activist. Her career has spanned over 40 years with over 50 million albums and 20 million singles sold)
“I left home at 17. I took a paper bag with a toothbrush, a change of underwear, an apple, and a copy of Yoko Ono’s book Grapefruit. .. The situation with my stepfather was impossible. .. When I moved in with my sister and Wha in Valley Stream, we learned where we could work and eat. Like you could go to the Hare Krishna temple and if you cleaned for them, they would feed you. This was when George Harrison came out with the whole Hare Krishna action. And when I started seeing Hare Krishnas around town, they had a good vibe.

Read More...
(This post has been viewed 1003 times so far)

Archive

Show more