Increasing Our Dependence On Krishna – Raising kids and realizing Krishna do they go together?

Hare KrishnaBy Cintamani Dhama Devi Dasi

I know that if I really want to help my children, I have to help them become conscious of Krishna. To do that, I too have to become Krishna conscious. After all, you can't give what you don't have. Children are sensitive to hypocrisy. You can't tell them "Chant Hare Krishna, offer your food to Krishna, don't take drugs or have illicit sex" unless you practice what you preach. If we want our children to be devotees, we have to teach by our own example. To me this is a powerful reason to set the best example I can and to pray constantly to Krishna to help me do better. I don't want these children to suffer in ignorance and be forced to be born again. Since I love them, I want to help them get out of the material world.

Read More...
(This post has been viewed 3708 times so far)

Archive

Show more