Dear esteemed devotees, Bhadram te. All glories to Srila...



Dear esteemed devotees,
Bhadram te. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
On Sunday night, after returning from Los Angeles, I lost my sense of taste and smell. This prompted me to ask Nirakula to give me a home Covid-19 test. The test showed that I had the virus.
We immediately got in contact with Prema Sarovara Prabhu who is not only an MD but has also been the head of a Covid-19 hospital ward since the beginning of the pandemic. He is regularly checking in on me to monitor my situation and to give advice and guidance. His first advice was for me to take complete rest, which I am doing.
Because I am vaccinated and have also had the booster, so far, my symptoms have been mild. Nonetheless, we are taking this seriously. I will be in quarantine until the doctor says it’s okay to come out.
Since before our travels to the UK, up to the present, Nirakula and I have been taking regular home Covid-19 tests. (FYI: We found out recently that on average, 15 out of 100 such tests show false negatives, while only 1 out of 100 show false positives.) Before losing my sense of taste and smell, I had no symptoms that seemed out of the ordinary.
Nirakula DD has no symptoms but has taken a PCR test and is awaiting the results.
My humble request is that you take all precautions, as the newer, more transmissible strain of Covid-19, Omicron is spreading rapidly.
I am missing you and counting the days until I see you again. Please keep the transcendental vibration going; and please show compassion to all souls by widely spreading the holy names of Lord Krishna.
With affectionate blessings,
Vaisesika Dasa

Archive

Show more