Hare Krishna! The devotee dive-bomb Srutakirti dasa: On…



Hare Krishna! The devotee dive-bomb
Srutakirti dasa: On different occasions Srila Prabhupada spoke about sleep. When I first became his servant, he called me into his room after he had taken a short nap following lunch. This was at the Dallas temple when Srila Prabhupada visited the gurukula facility. He asked me if I had taken rest after eating my lunch. I said no. This was not something that was done at that time. “I am an old man,” he said. “I cannot sleep very long at one time, so I take a nap after lunch.” I had been with Srila Prabhupada only a few days, but his humility had already captured my heart. On another occasion, when he was getting ready to take rest in the evening, he said to me, “Whenever I go to take rest, I think, ‘Now I am going to waste my time.‘”
Read the entire article here: http://www.dandavats.com/?p=16995

Archive

Show more