Dear Vaishnavas, here are some stories from Czech devotees who…



Dear Vaishnavas, here are some stories from Czech devotees who distribute Srila Prabhupada’s book and Krsna’s prasadam. I also want to apologize that my english is not perfect.:-)
I was distributing in one industrial city and in the late afternoon suddenly one lady seeing me that I am distributing books came to me and very humbly gave me a piece of paper and asked me if I by the chance have these books. When I looked to the paper there was a complete list of Srila Prabhupada’s books and there was also written-Author:His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. I was really amazed. Then the lady told me whole story that her son wants her to buy these book for him for Christmas. She was out whole day searching for these books in every bookstore in the town and everywhere they told her that they don’t have these books. Suddenly at the and of the day she saw me and she decided to approach me. She happily took five books for her son.
Mahasringa prabhu met one christian and after some strong discussion the Christian decided to give small donation and took TLC. And then the christian challenged him that he will give him more donation if Mahasringa promised to him that he will pray for forty days to Jesus Christ. Mahasringa told him that he will pray to God for forty days and told him that he must also read this book every day at least for forty days. So the Christian gave a nice donation and promised that he will read Teachings of Lord Chaitanya.
Kesava Puri prabhu met one young boy and invited him to his home telling him that his mother was interested in these books. When he met his mother she said to him that she is already waiting for him. The lady was interested in omen cards and told him that she can foretell the future. She took ten books.
Hari lila mataji was distributing prasadam in one busy town and after some time she got hard time and nobody wanted anything. After some time one gentleman came and told her: “Dear lady how it is possible?! Why nobody wants to buy this from you? I was sitting in this restaurant and watching you for some time. You are working so hard and nobody wants anything.” Then he gave her nice donation and took many packages of prasadam and went back to the restaurant. She went to the car and took some books for this man. When she came to him he very happily gave her big donation and took all the prasadam she had.
Vidyavacaspati prabhu brahmacari (51 years old) met one young crazy boy and showed him some books. Then the boy in a crazy manner started to speak: No No No I cannot read these books, I cannot read these esoteric books, my psychiatric doctor doesn’t allow me this". Vidya with father-like compassion looked to him and told him “My dear boy don’t speak like a fool. These books can really cure you.” The boy started to look around him and then he bought two books.
Radhika Ramana prabhu was distributing in a prefabricated block of flats and nobody wanted to take any book. Then he decided to change the “mantra” and started to simply tell them that he is a Hare Krsna monk and that these books are for them. In the last entrance, he distributed twelve books.
Loka saranga prabhu also distributed door to door and by the elevator, he met a young lady, she was a drug addict. He told her that he has books about ancient Indian philosophy and she immediately asked him if he has the Bhagavad Gita. When she saw the BG she immediately started to beg Bg from him telling him that she didn’t have much money. Then she brought him some money and two silver earrings.
In one old block of flats, residential area of people working in the mines, I met a little-drunked man and woman. They told me that their 21 year old daughter is a little bit interested in these things but for 6 years she is suffering from schizophrenia and that she doesn’t want to come and look at these books. I insisted that she must look at these books and then I gave the books to parents and they went to her room. After some minutes they came back and they bought a Bg for her. I gave them my email address and this girl after some days thanked me that I was there with Bg.
Mandalibhadra prabhu our head cook in one of our Govinda restaurant for two years fed one strict vegan with halava, butter cookies and many nice butter-milky foodstuffs always telling him that there is no problem with this food and his vegan diet. After two years this boy decided that he will end with his veganism and will start to be vegetarian. When he came to know that he already broke his veganism he started to laugh like anything. This boy purified by transcendental prasadam is now living in Nama-hatta chanting 16 round, following regulative principles.
Bhaktin Elen met one young homeless beggar and he told her that he has some of our books and that he really wants Bg. But he had no money and everything he collected on the street he spent for food. She told him that he can come every afternoon to our Govinda restaurant and take some resting prasadam which was not distributed during the day and spend his collected money for books. He agreed and in the afternoon he bought a Bg and his plan is to buy the whole set of Srila Prabhupada’s books.
Kesava Puri met a young boy and he told to Kesava that he is from a near village and he came to town to buy some spiritual books. Kesava gave him two books and the boy happily went back to his village.
I was distributing in one village and I entered to one very old house and nobody was there. After some hours I came back in the same way to the van and I saw that before this old house there is a car standing. The house was little far away from the street but I decided to go there. The whole house looked very mystical and the whole atmosphere started to be very tense but not negatively. Doors were opened and when I entered the house there was a middle aged man greeting me and looking very mystical to me. Immediately he agreed to buy these books for his relative and gave a nice donation buying eleven books. I was remembering that somewhere I heard that sometimes demigods descending to the earth to buy books from the devotees.
Hope these stories can give you some inspiration yours servant Gadadhara dasa

Archive

Show more