“My realization this Kartik” Spending the most…



“My realization this Kartik”
Spending the most Auspicious month of Kartika in Vrindavan is a wonderful chance to meet beautiful devotees from all over the world. To obtain the blessings of the senior devotees and love of the friends in the dhama is all the more reason to be there.
I and my husband (Rasapriya das) try to be there to grab the mercy of the Devotees and Deities in the Kartika. This Kartik of 2017 again brought us to the Holy Dhama in the association of so many effulgent Sanyasis and devotees.
We had a great opportunity of listening kathas and sermons.
There are many anecdotes to narrate but I am going to share one in particular. It was early in the morning of the 30th Oct. right after Tulsi arati. I was chanting outside Srila Prabhupada quarters and my husband was chanting sitting on a chair near the guest house stairs.
I am prone to stomach ache if I don’t feed myself with some nuts or fruit within an hour of waking up. Usually, before rushing for the Mangal aarti I have a habit of gulping down few almonds so as to avoid the stomach ache.
But on that day I forgot to do so. While chanting I could feel the pangs of pain and started thinking about procuring something to eat from somewhere. But everything was shut down and none of my friends were carrying anything to eat. I kept on chanting as I have a habit of finishing a set number of rounds in the temple.
HH Kadam Kanan Maharaj passed me chanting on his beads. I bowed down acknowledging his appearance.
He walked into the guest house reception and met my husband. Maharaja ji in his strong voice called out to my husband and commented smilingly on his chanting in seclusion. He started to climb the staircase and then suddenly turned around and called my husband.
Maharaja ji put his hand in his kurta pocket and took out a small box that he handed over to him. While handing over Maharaj ji made a statement,“give this to your family”.
My husband excitingly ran to give to me.I was overjoyed to receive the “Mahaprasad”.
The Divine laddoos in the tiny box filled my belly and all the pangs of pain were gone.
Krsna has amazing ways ……..
It may sound a petty incident but its impact is great on the Consciousness.
Krsna takes care of His devotees right from small to big needs.

Archive

Show more