The Bhagavad-gita As It Is



The Bhagavad-gita As It Is.
I approached a middle-aged couple. I offered a Gita to the husband, who said he did not have time to read this type of book.
I answered that if he had a desire, then he would find time to fulfill it. Having a strong desire, people find time to build houses, skyscrapers, spaceships, cars and so on.
The man responded that he had no such desire to buy the book.
But I replied that “I” had a desire to give him the book. God sees whose desire is stronger and fulfills the stronger one. The man continued to refuse.
I smiled and said that his wife would do it. Turning to her, I said, “If a man conquers the whole world but loses his soul, he will lose everything. While if he loses everything but not his soul, he will gain everything.”
Smiling, she said, “I’m definitely taking this book.”
Just at the same moment, as if he had been ordered, he took a big banknote from his pocket and handed it to me.
I concluded: “Now you see I was right.” So they left happily.
Vaninath Vasu Dasa
Belarus

The biggest Bhagavad Gita
Vijaya das: While visiting an influential friend in London, I noticed a very large Bhagavad-gita in his living room, five times bigger than our Deluxe Gita. Only a hundred and eight of them were printed by the Meditteranean BBT. They cost about $1,300 each. They were published with top VIPs in mind. The London temple gave a copy to my friend because of his long-time support of the temple. It must have weighed around twenty pounds.
Bhagavad-gita ki jaya!

Archive

Show more