Monologue

Hare KrishnaBy Shii and Nel

The only thing I knew about the Krishna religion was that it was Indian, duh, and that composers such as Ravi Shankar and George Harrison (being a fan of the Beatles, he was my main role model of my interest in Krishna) made beautiful music about Him. I even thought His name was spelled "Crishne" instead of Krishna. Day or two later, my aunt visited. We were discussing random topics and the conversation turned to George Harrison. I wondered if she knew what Krishna was, so I asked 'casually', "Yeah... he was even a part of India's culture, not just the music... What's the religion there, again?" When she answered Krishna, my suspicion was confirmed. So, the next day I typed in Google "Crishne". It asked if I was talking about "Krishna" and through that I was led to the first result of the search: a website dedicated to Krishna. It was called "www.krishna.com". You couldn't get more direct than that, so I looked at it.

Archive

Show more