Srila Prabhupada discusses the early days of Back to Godhead Magazine in the US

Hare KrishnaBy Ranjita Dasa

Prabhupada: There was advertisement. So I went to Long Island. That two machines... I asked, "What is the price?" "$150 each." Then he wanted to take away the machines. Machine was all right. And then I told him that "I have got $150 only. If you want to give us, give those two machines." So "All right, you take these all." (laughter) So I gave him $150, whatever I had, and I took the machine. In that machine was printed Back to Godhead. So five hundred copies... How many copies you were selling? Tamala Krsna: Well, by the time we were selling, you were printing about three thousand, and we were selling twenty-five hundred. Prabhupada: Oh, yes. Then I asked Brahmananda that "Why not print it nicely?" So he said that "Unless we print twenty thousand, nobody will take this work." And "All right, order twenty thousand." Now, from twenty thousand or five hundred, what is the quantity now we are printing?

Archive

Show more