Sri Raghunatha Bhatta Goswami



Sri Raghunatha Bhatta Goswami.
From Kasidhama, Raghunatha Bhatta traveled on foot to Puri-dhama. When he arrived in Puri, he went straight to the place of Sriman Mahaprabhu and offered his respects at the Lord’s lotus feet. At that time, the Lord embraced him, saying “Raghunatha!” Having been embraced by the Lord, Raghunatha Bhatta found that all his troubles went far away. Raghunatha Bhatta thought to himself, “I am coming to see the Lord after such a long time; He didn’t know that I was coming. How is it that he is showing me so much affection? He has many devotees who are very dear to Him. Why should he show such affection for one such as myself, the lowest of devotees?” And yet, although he considered himself very low and mean, when Caitanya Mahaprabhu with a laughing, smiling, face said “Raghunatha!” and embraced him, Raghunatha began crying tears of ecstasy. With tears in his eyes, he fell at the Lord’s feet and, holding them, said, “O most merciful Lord. In truth, tell me, why are you giving such great consideration to this humble one?” The Lord said, “Raghunaha! I cannot forget your parent’s affectionate consideration for me around the time of your birth. Every day, with great affection, they used to feed me.”

Read More...
(This post has been viewed 1606 times so far)

Archive

Show more