Encouragement in spiritual life – Dandavats By Kripamoya...



Encouragement in spiritual life – Dandavats
By Kripamoya Das

When I was initiated in 1975, Srila Prabhupada wrote a letter to my temple president at the Bhaktivedanta Manor, asking him to make sure I followed all the rules. He wrote:

13th November, 1975

My dear Prabhavisnu das,

Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter undated and accept upon your recommendation the following as my initiated disciples….I also accept the following as twice-born brahmanas and their threads and mantra sheets are enclosed: Kripamoya das…You should have a fire sacrifice and the second initiates should hear through the right ear the mantra on my recorded tape….It is your responsibility to see that these devotees that you have recommended strictly follow the rules and regulations, chanting 16 rounds, attending the classes and the mangala aroti and refraining from the four prohibitions. You should lecture on these points at the initiation ceremony so that everyone understands fully. And by your own example you should teach.

I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well wisher,

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
https://bit.ly/3RDOFoc

Archive

Show more