December 27. ISKCON 50 – S.Prabhupada Daily Meditations.Why…



December 27. ISKCON 50 – S.Prabhupada Daily Meditations.
Satsvarupa dasa Goswami: My Prabhupada. Everyone has their own Prabhupada. Srila Prabhupada is an objective reality. And yet, we don’t want to be told by someone, “This is exactly how you must feel about him, and this is what he wants from you.” No, we want our own understanding of Prabhupada, because we have to surrender our own free will to him. Therefore, dear Prabhupada, let me call you, “My Prabhupada.” I don’t mean “pet Prabhupada” or “illusory Prabhupada.” You, Srila Prabhupada, are the master, and you will tell me what to do. And yet I call you “My Prabhupada” because you touched my heart in the beginning and you continue to do so. When a devotee says, “My spiritual master, Prabhupada,” that cry has to come from the self. It cannot be programmed into you by another person. Others may help by giving us Prabhupada’s books and telling us about him, but ultimately, with our own hands, we have to reach out and hold on to his mercy.
Read the entire article here: http://www.dandavats.com/?p=20490&page=3

Archive

Show more