December 30. ISKCON 50 – S.Prabhupada Daily Meditations. By…



December 30. ISKCON 50 – S.Prabhupada Daily Meditations.
By Satsvarupa dasa Goswami.
I like to converse with Srila Prabhupada. I pray to him, along with Krishna. I say their names; I go through Prabhupada to Krishna. The talking is also a form of heart-to-heart talk. I speak, and then I listen to them. Again they are together. Krishna speaks directly in the Bhagavad-gita. He says, “One who understands Me as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, without doubting, is the knower of everything. He therefore engages in My full devotional service.” And after Lord Krishna speaks, Prabhupada elaborates and explains to me what Sri Krishna means. After hearing from them, I speak some more to my masters. I tell them what I am trying to do, where I am at. I ask for help. I express my thanks to them and feel my loving connection to them. I think that this kind of communication is far more important than too much thinking about Prabhupada (rather than being with him.) After all, I am not an academic of Srila Prabhupada. I am a devotee. Conversing with Srila Prabhupada is a form of meditation that can be done on a daily basis. As we face new predicaments, there is always new need to express ourselves to our guides. I try not to speak only at a pragmatic need, but to enter a loving exchange. I accompany my prayers with action. At the end of the day, I give thanks for the service connection that I have enjoyed during the day and the ways in which Prabhupada and Krishna came and touched me – as well as the ways that I failed them.
Read the entire article here: http://www.dandavats.com/?p=20490&page=3

Archive

Show more