February 28. ISKCON 50 – S.Prabhupada Daily…



February 28. ISKCON 50 – S.Prabhupada Daily Meditations.
Satsvarupa dasa Goswami: A Further Prayer to Prabhupada.
Our heartfelt prayers to Prabhupada should be guided by śruti smṛti purāṇādi-pañcarātra vidhiṁ vinā. I am praying to Prabhupada to please direct me in the best way for my spiritual life. In one sense, we are waiting for an immediate response from Prabhupada, although we must also understand that prayer is itself a process. It is an ongoing meditation, rather than an isolated event with a set result.
Dear Srila Prabhupada, today I asked a devotee how to pray to you. The answer I got was that we should speak in prayers composed by the previous acaryas. I thought one of the most obvious prayers is the pranama mantra, which you yourself gave to us. “I offer my obeisances to His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, who is very dear to Krishna on this earth, having taken shelter at the lotus feet of the transcendental Lord.” And sometimes we pray to you spontaneously in our own words, “Prabhupada, please help me,” “Prabhupada, thank you for allowing me to serve and function as your assistant.”
Prabhupada, please let me go forward in Krishna consciousness, please let me serve you, please let me remember you, please guide me. I want to especially concentrate on that prayer – please guide me. You yourself were so confidential, private, and grave that you didn’t even tell us about it. You knew that preaching to us meant stressing the Bhagavad-gita and convincing us that God exists. But you also gave the postgraduate study, Srimad-Bhagavatam, and beyond that, Caitanya-caritamrta. You gave us the truth that Krishna came to taste Radha’s love in the form of Lord Caitanya. You explained to us that Lord Caitanya wanted to distribute that love, the love of the gopis, to the whole world. You introduced us to the Six Gosvamis. But you were also careful. You didn’t want to confuse us. You wanted to protect us.
To read the entire article click here: http://www.dandavats.com/?p=20490&page=5

Archive

Show more