Srila Prabhupada Samadhi Mandir, Vrndavana

Hare KrishnaBy Parvati devi dasi

Srila Prabhupada is sitting in Samadhi in Vrndavan in the most beautiful Mandir --out of this world. Most of us think, "Oh, it's finally built, and that's the end of it". But, as everything else in this world, it still has to be maintained, and it costs money. Sometimes I'm able to do some creative projects, but I continually have to make sure of the upkeep of the whole project. Maybe it doesn't sound so exciting to think about donating for cleaning, repairing, termite control, and other mundane maintenance stuff. But it's for Srila Prabhupada, and it's my pleasure to actively participate in these absolutely transcendental menial activities---because it's directly for Srila Prabhupada. Some of you are regular donors. I hope many more of you will feel inspired to help me with this wonderful service, even if it doesn't sound so grand as cow seva, prasad seva, or Deity seva. None of this would be going on if Prabhupada hadn't raised us to that level. Therefore, I am so grateful to have such a service to remind me that all I am made of is, after all, a menial servant of my beloved Spiritual Master, and I have to be mindful not to neglect even the smallest details.

Archive

Show more