The Sweetness of Bhakti

Hare KrishnaBy Subhag Swami

We should be eager, very eager. As Srila Prabhupada beautifully wrote in a poem, ‘When will that day come when I will be rolling on the ground with Krsna and playing with Him? When will that day come when I am very eager to join with Madhu Mangala and steal sweets from Krsna? I will run onto the pastures with the cows and calves with Sridama, Sudama and Vasudama playing with Krsna and defeating Him in sports. They will then tell Krsna to carry us on His back but Krsna will be reluctant. Sridama will say, ‘Krsna cannot play with us! He doesn’t play fairly!’ Krsna will argue, ‘I am the prince, the son of Nanda Maharaj! I don’t have to obey you!’ And Sridama will say, “Okay you remain the prince and play by Yourself and we other cowherd boys will play together.”

Archive

Show more