An Offering To Gandharvika Dasi

Hare KrishnaBy Gunagrahi das Goswami

Although I am missing you dearly, I am so very happy and proud of you that you you made your life successful by offering it fully at Srila Prabhupada's lotus feet. At our first meeting at Govinda's in San Diego during the early 80's when you were just a new devotee, you expressed your desire to travel alongside our party and help in any way that you could. I told you that at that time that it wouldn't be practical, but I knew then from seeing your wonderful qualities that one day I would be very honored to help you fully engage in Srila Prabhupada's mission. Soon after, you did in fact begin helping me, and you and turned out to become the administrative backbone of every preaching project we pursued. I can truly say that due to your contribution a great deal of the credit for the success we had throughout the years goes to you. You have always been vibrant, enthusiastic, dutiful, dedicated, wise, creative, and resourceful. As such I often deferred to your opinion on many topics. In addition to helping me, you also took up various big responsibilities on your own, and I would watch with great admiration how expertly you carried them out, not just in terms of your ability to organize, but - and more importantly - your way of lovingly dealing with all the devotees.

Archive

Show more