“Kachori-mukha”

Hare Krishnac

Prior to the kirtan procession leaving I realized that I could not go with Srila Prabhupada. I was the cook. I needed to prepare a feast for his samadhi ceremony. I called upon my dear friend Narottama prabhu and asked him to assist as he was, and probably still is, one of the most excellent cooks in ISKCON. He immediately agreed. I also went to our now-departed god-brother Rksaraja prabhu, who was as good a cook as he was kirtaneer. When I requested him to assist he very sorrowfully replied, "No, I'm going with Prabhupada." As I was roughly four times bigger than Rksaraja I immediately replied that if he did not stay to do this service for His Divine Grace I would break both of his legs and he would go nowhere. For some reason ... he agreed to stay.

Archive

Show more