WSN September 2017 – World Sankirtan Newsletter

Hare KrishnaBy Vijaya Dasa

Recently, a preaching center opened in El Paso, Texas. Some book distributors had made the decision to bite the dust and settle somewhere to cultivate people in Krsna consciousness, and they settled in El Paso. They had a 999% increase, with 1,309 book points. I'm spending some time in Texas, the Lone Star State. A few days ago, I was distributing at Eastfield College, and after some time I was packing up my table and books. A professor stopped by to ask, "How much are your books?", without even asking what they're about. So I asked, "Do you know about these books?" "No, but I saw you, your table, and your sign [Yoga, Meditation, and Philosophy Books] from an upstairs window, and my curiosity got the best of me. So I want to find out what you have." Then he realized that he didn't have his wallet on him. He asked whether I'm on PayPal. I said I was. So he paid through PayPal. For all you book distributors, this is yet another way to receive a donation if people don't have cash or a debit or credit card.

Archive

Show more