Not bad for quiet Tuesday evening! Shastrakrit Das: I was just…



Not bad for quiet Tuesday evening!
Shastrakrit Das: I was just sitting behind my book table and chanting and i hear this car approaching with the windows open blasting loud Sanskrit prayers. Out of the car comes these two really friendly priests and they come straight to my book table. They asked me for the Vedas. So I thought I will just go along and asked them if they want the Vedas in Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi or English. They said “in Hindi please” so I opened my van trunk and brought the set of Hindi Bhagavatam and showed them and they were super attracted to the printing quality and the artwork and they asked how much? I said these books are worth about 700 but since you are holy men if you can give a couple of hundred dollars to cover the shipping cost, they come from Juhu Bombay. The priest on the left goes” these are worth not just $700, at least $7000. So they donated generously and drove off with the books…

Archive

Show more