Your Name Will Be There

By Indradyumna Swami

My dear godbrother Sridhar Maharaja, numerous godbrothers, disciples, friends and well-wishers have gathered around the world and are enjoying sweet memories of your glorious activities in spreading the samkirtan mission of Lord Caitanya. I miss you a lot. I miss the times we spent traveling together in the early days of the movement. It was fun and enlivening to be in your association. No matter how difficult the situation, you always said something humorous to make us laugh. And the next moment you could speak so candidly about the illusory nature of material life that it would make me cringe. Maharaja, no one can replace you. Like so many of Srila Prabhupada's disciples you were unique in your own Krsna conscious way. I remember towards the end when you were lying on your deathbed in Mayapura, one devotee turned to me and said, "How is this happening? What will the movement be like without Sridhar Swami?" I had no answer. I have learned the answer in time as I watch the world become a little dimmer each time an enlightened devotee like you departs.

Archive

Show more