**Historic Event**–July 1, 1966–Srila Prabhupada...



**Historic Event**–July 1, 1966–Srila Prabhupada moves in to His new residence and separate Temple Storefront at 26 2nd Ave., NYC. This is the Official First Center of ISKCON.
About this Location of the center:
Srila Prabhupada says, No gentleman can live. The shops, the area, the neighborhood.
Tamala Krsna: That’s where you went to begin the movement.
Prabhupada: No, no, I did not select that. Unknowingly I was thrown. I did not know which quarter is good way.
Tamala Krsna: Who showed you that area?
Prabhupada: Mukunda. I asked him that “Find out some upper class….” He found out that 26 Second Avenue. [laughs] I did not know.>>> Ref. VedaBase => Morning Conversation – June 23, 1977, Vrndavana
More photos here: https://bit.ly/3qE9CTe

Archive

Show more