Kali Yuga surrender… HG Tejiyas Prabhu ACBSP: “As...



Kali Yuga surrender…

HG Tejiyas Prabhu ACBSP: “As all surrender unto Me, I reward them accordingly. Everyone follows My path in all respects, O son of Partha”
Sometimes Srila Prabhupada gave an example that if we take one step to Krishna He takes ten steps to us. He also gave examples that we cannot expect to get gold if we pay only the price of brass or get a diamond if we pay for the price of glass, like that he explained.
Krishna has opened a bank account and deposited Himself as our available balance. The deal is, let’s say if you pay in ten dollars you get back one hundred. We certainly don’t have the value of what we can give that will equal to Krishna. But the clever mind tries to negotiate. Hundred is mine, waiting for me, I have to pay in ten, why not you just give me ninety then? So although the surrender that is asked is so little, kali yuga little, the kali yuga mind tries to outsmart Krishna and our own best interest (sva-artha gatim). Little fudging. I will have Krishna without (full) surrender. Then we wonder why we are not getting that taste that is so intoxicating it makes us forget everything else.
Humble contemplations. (My vedabase is not working right…someone can post the whole of 4.11 including the wonderful purport of Srila Prabhupada.)

Archive

Show more