“On his forhead and nose was a pale yellow mark of two...



“On his forhead and nose was a pale yellow mark of two vertical lines (Tilak) that extended from between his brows to his hairline. I thought this must allude to his third eye or his ajna-chakra.
His eyes were closed in concentration on the sound of the Kirtan and he looked like he had the wisdom of the prime minister of the galaxy.
Amidst the chanting and the clanging of cymbals, I asked Professor Howard, chanting and swaying next to me,
"Are we ever going to sit with the Swami and meditate?” He leaned over and said, “Never trust a holy man who can’t dance.”
After the Kirtan a guest told me, “I was bathed in light, bathed in light!”
When the chanting ended, the Swami took out a plate of sweets. “Look what I have made for you,” he said, and passed the sweets.
I leaned over to Howard and said, “Never trust a holy man who can’t cook either.”
- Acyutananda Das. “Blazing Sadhus”.

Archive

Show more