“Graveyard renunciation” after mom’s funeral: a son gets a...



“Graveyard renunciation” after mom’s funeral: a son gets a book.
I was a little apprehensive. It was near the end of my book-distribution day, and I was heading toward my car to go home, but I saw two men talking with each other in front of the Home Depot. I was slightly intimidated as they looked like two pretty together fellows, deep in conversation, and I didn’t want to interrupt them, but I thought “I have to try.”

Turns out, the older man Gene, not pictured here, and Mark (pictured), are brothers. As I explained the book title, Journey of Self Discovery, to Mark and his brother, I couldn’t help but notice a very kicked-back, positive mood, quite mellow, coming from Mark. He was definitely interested and inquired how much the book is, and I told him, and he went to his car to get
a donation.

He told me, it’s funny, but just previous to my walking up to them, he was talking to his brother about this very type of subject matter. You see, Mark‘s mom died a couple of months ago, and ever since he’s been quite thoughtful about his life and the direction that he took as a young man. Just recently he decided to liquidate all his tools, of which he had many,
to try to live a more simpler life. He’s become kind of a wondering nomad. He revealed that he was thinking recently how when he was young, or all of us, we start out young and our minds are very pure, but due to so many different types of stimuli and the maturations and wanderings of the mind, we deviate, and wind up in different places. For instance, the hippie thing
got a hold of Mark during his younger years, and he had wondered recently, “what would’ve happened if …?”

What got me to take Mark’s picture is that he mentioned it twice in our conversation how he had been talking about this very thing that I was explaining in the books just before I had approached him, and he knew that it wasn’t a coincidence, but there was some meaning to my walking up at that time. Synchronicity, serendipity, call it what you want. I am very happy
that I was used as an instrument to help Mark in his life’s journey with the topmost literature available on this planet, at this time: the spiritual books of His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

You can see Mark holding the books he got in the picture.

Ys,
Drumila Dasa

Archive

Show more