How I Became a Devotee – Jayananda, The Perfect Leader –...



How I Became a Devotee – Jayananda, The Perfect Leader – Dandavats.com
By Jada Bharata Dasa

The first experience I had with Krishna consciousness was when a friend of mine had got a small book, Perfection of Yoga, on the Atlantic City, New Jersey boardwalk. At that time I was going to college at Rutgers in New Jersey and was home for the summer. I was also doing Yoga exercise daily so I was immediately interested in reading the book. I picked it up and read 5 or 10 pages and then put it down thinking this is not Yoga. At that time I though that yoga was physical and breathing exercise.

Several months later a friend of mine in the fraternity that I was staying in at Rutgers told me since you are so much into George Harrison you properly will want to read this book that I got in Port Authority in New York City. The book was Nectar of Devotion by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Founder Acarya of the International Society of Krishna Consciousness.
To read the complete article and/or watch the video please click here: https://bit.ly/3hPaQe2

Archive

Show more