Televised Kirtan and Katha With 50,000 Viewers in Skopje (Album 19 photos)

Indradyumna Swami: Yesterday, as soon as my flight arrived Skopje, Macedonia I was whisked away to a live 30-minute talk show on "24 News," one of Macedonia’s main television channels. The theme of the program was, "Cultural Origins." The show was viewed by 50,000 people. Amongst the many topics covered, I elaborated how our Krsna consciousness movement is based on the Bhagavad Gita and is part of one of the oldest spiritual cultures in the world. I discussed how God is a person and that we can connect with him through chanting His holy names. Towards the end of show the host asked me to demonstrate the chanting, so I led a one-man kirtan for a short while. He concluded the interview by explaining to the audience how the chanting made him calm and peaceful. The following is a link to the show. The interview is a little difficult to follow because my voice is dubbed over by a translator ☺ http://www.24vesti.mk/za-zhivotot-26-09-2014 Read more ›

Archive

Show more