No Whites! (Album with photos) Indradyumna Swami: Yesterday I…



No Whites! (Album with photos)
Indradyumna Swami: Yesterday I went out with devotees on a Food For Life program in a Zulu township near Durban here in South Africa. As we drove to the township Vrindavan Candra das, who heads up Food For Life in Durban, told me the township was one of the most notorious in the country.
“On average there are 10 murders each weekend”, he said. “The situation is so bad that the police rarely, if ever, enter the township.”
“And we’re going in there?” I asked a little surprised.
“Lord Caitanya is the deliverer of the most fallen,” he replied with a smile. “Plus I convinced 3 policemen to accompany us with AK-47’s,” he said. “They like what we do.”

As we entered the township we saw a big sign that read, “No whites!”

“Don’t worry.” Vrindavan Candra said looking over at me. “The people love us. They are the poorest of the poor and down and out. We’re feeding them prasadam, giving them Srila Prabhupada’s books and having kirtan with them. They truly appreciate.“

Then he paused and said, "But do be careful.”

“Sounds good,” I said. “I’ll take some photos to show the devotees around the world what an amazing service you guys are doing down here.”
Find them here: https://goo.gl/5C1RVj

Archive

Show more