The greatest fortune of knowing ISKCON

Hare KrishnaBy Somesh Kumar

I first came to know about ISKCON in Pune at around 1998. My sister informed me about the ISKCON temple on the Janmashtami day. First time when I saw the temple structure from outside I felt that it's not a traditional temple which is seen in India. That was confirmed when I went inside the temple as to see the devotional attitude and energy in the temple was just fantastic. Till that point I had not seen so much devotional energy anywhere else. All the devotees chanting and dancing in ecstacy in the Gaura Arati - Yes, that was what I witnessed first! Though then I did'nt know what Gaura Arati is and who Lord Gaurachandra is? Then I went to Govindadwipa and was amazed by the beauty of the island of Govinda and another amazing thing was all the western devotees (!!!) up at 4.30 am in the morning, wearing dhotis and singing the Guruvashtaka (I did'nt know it was Guruvashtaka then!) with full devotion to Radha-Govinda

Archive

Show more