Parenting as Service to God – Dandavats.com By Krishnanandini...



Parenting as Service to God – Dandavats.com
By Krishnanandini Devi Dasi

Fulfilling our duty as parents requires taking care of our children’s spiritual needs.

As the mother of ten children, I am often asked, “How do you fulfill your family responsibilities and still make progress in spiritual life? When do you find the time to serve God?”

“It’s a matter of vision,” I reply. “I realize that I can serve God by caring for my children and husband with love and respect.”

Being a mother and wife is my duty, and I don’t distinguish it from my service to God. It is my service to God.

Central to that service is training my children in service to God. How does one serve God? The scripture Srimad-Bhagavatam lists nine principal ways, beginning with hearing about, praising, and remembering God, and progressing to deeper levels of devotional service.
To read the complete article and/or watch the video please click here: https://bit.ly/3CYeXwi

Archive

Show more