Havi das’ interview. Havi values special moments in his…



Havi das’ interview.
Havi values special moments in his spiritual life, such as the time he got to wash Srila Prabhupada’s feet in Venezuela in 1975, much more than he does any of his career achievements.
He is eager to warn younger generations of devotees enamored with the idea of fame and the Grammys that there is a dark side to the music business, with predatory record labels taking advantage of artists, morally bankrupt companies like McDonald’s sponsoring awards shows, and more.
And ultimately, he says, people worship pop idols because they’re disconnected from their relationship with Krishna.
Havi, for his part, would rather reconnect people with Lord Krishna, their original lover and friend, than be part of reinforcing the disconnect.

“To be honest, I’m waiting for the first opportunity to open the door and run away,” he says. “I’m 65 years old – enough is enough! I want to dedicate the rest of my life to serving the Vaishnavas and talking to people about Krishna. And if the fact that they think I’m important helps me, well, then I’ll use that.”
To read the entire article click here: https://goo.gl/gxAGP1

Archive

Show more