Caring devotees of Gita Nagari Dham

Hare KrishnaBy Mathura Lilesvari Devi dasi

I am writing this note to thank all the wonderful devotees of Gita Nagari Dham in Port Royal, Pennsylvania USA and to exhibit the beauty and importance of association in a devotional community. Immediately after my injury, long time Gita Nagari residents, my mother in law and sister in law, Syama Gopa Rupa Dasi and Prema Sankirtana dasi both arrived in our home to help me. Prema decided to stay on until I can walk again. She gave up the comfort of her home and decided to help me even before I asked for help. Such was her training. As the bathroom at our home was on the first floor, I decided to stay there. Going up and down the stair was a torture. So Prema would bring me breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. She was so good in understanding exactly what I wanted.

Archive

Show more