A former inmate in the Louisiana prison now the happiest woman on earth thanks to the devotees



Chandra: I used to write an inmate in the Louisiana prison system. I forget her former name but she was initiated Sarva Laksmi dasi. On a Hari-nama in New Orleans, she approached a visiting sadhu and said, “I am the happiest woman on earth and I’ll tell you why…In the 60’s I committed a horrible crime and was sentenced to 90 years in jail…but several years ago devotees started a bhakti yoga program in the federal penitentiary where I was incarcerated. I began attending the programs and soon took up Krsna consciousness in earnest. I was trying hard to become a good devotee, so I also became a model prisoner. Two years later, after my spiritual master initiated me inside the prison, I was suddenly granted a full pardon and released. No official reason was ever given why they released me. Now I try to share my good fortune with those who are prisoners in the jailhouse of material existence.

(This post has been viewed 450 times so far)

Archive

Show more