Making all the world my temple

Hare KrishnaBy Jagabandhu dasa

Some time ago, when listening to Srila A. C. Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada sing Chintamani... I was struck with the thought of how the Holy Name is a Deity which he was bathing with the Devotion of his Singing. From that day on I strove in my own meager way to make the Holy Name(and the Vaishnavas) my Deity and all the world my temple. When I see all the countless suffering, sad and dying people in the world as exemplified by a simple trip to the supermarket, I whisper Hari! Hari! as we pass like ships in the ocean of illusion. By God's Grace, possibly He may overlook my many abysmal deficiencies and nonetheless travel off my tongue through the ear and into the heart of another soul forgetful of their own original nature. May they remember. In this life or the next. Or some future life. Somehow. Someway.

(This post has been viewed 4277 times so far)

Archive

Show more