Slokas Why memorize them? – Dandavats.com By Tarini Radha Devi...



Slokas Why memorize them? – Dandavats.com
By Tarini Radha Devi Dasi

Reciting Shlokas that glorify Lord Krishna can awaken the soul to eternal knowledge.

Today, as I came by bus in the morning,” reported our ethics lecturer, “a person was repeating a Shloka. What is the purpose of such muttering? What is the use of such repetition of words such as modaka hasta (with the modaka sweet in hand)? This is a silly practice.”

This statement came as a real surprise to me as I had been taught many Shlokas as a child and I enjoyed chanting them too whether I understood them or not. I did not tire from repeating them over and over again. Now, to hear a critical statement like this, that too in the Ethics period of our college life, ridiculing the central point of Vedic life was a shock to me.
To read the complete article and/or watch the video please click here: https://bit.ly/3AiA0Zc

Archive

Show more