Am I Ready for Marriage? BY UTTAMA DEVI DASI Checklist: I know why I want to marry. I am ready to give up being single and to commit to another person for life. I am mature enough to know what I want and don’t want in a partner. I understand it’s not my partner’s job to fulfill me, complete me, rescue me or keep me happy. I can regulate (or discipline) my self-serving impulses and put another person first. I am not impulsive about seeking pleasure I am willing to compromise I don’t think I’m always right I am sensitive to and can empathize with the feelings of others I don’t easily get into arguments or fights (I can self-soothe) I can try to understand another’s ( even opposing) point of view I am non-judgmental I understand happiness and love come by giving I make a serious effort to fulfill commitments I can maintain, or help to maintain a family. I understand the difference between love and infatuation. I have a healthy way of handling conflict. I have good personal hygiene. Are WE Ready for Marriage? We are aligned with each other’s core values. We have compatible personalities. We have similar conflict resolution styles. We are both able to tackle tough issues together. We have the same type of lifestyle. We don’t want to change (each other) your partner. Our family and friends like our partner. We both want or don’t want children. We have discussed areas of importance. Try these premarital questions.


Archive

Show more