Jaya Tribhuvanatha Prabhu! Padmapani das: Over the years,…



Jaya Tribhuvanatha Prabhu!
Padmapani das: Over the years, devotees and friends have asked me what it was like preaching and distributing Srila Prabhupada’s books in the Middle East back in the late Seventies and early Eighties. During that time, our main focus for book distribution was Beirut (Lebanon), Amman (Jordan) and Damascus (Syria). Beirut was our headquarters. For those unaware, there was a civil war raging in Lebanon at the time. After a long trip overland from England, I was surprised to discover the reality of the situation awaiting me because my good friend, Tribhuvanatha Prabhu, had failed to warn me beforehand. When we arrived in Beirut I said to Tribhuvanatha, “You didn’t tell me there was a war going on down here.” Tribhuvanatha replied, “Oh, I forgot!” Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I think the following selection speaks for itself. It was truly “A Season in Hell.
Read the entire article here: http://www.dandavats.com/?p=20090

Archive

Show more