When Srila Prabhupada was thrashed by a bull. From 1960-65 HDGSP...



When Srila Prabhupada was thrashed by a bull.
From 1960-65 HDGSP would wander these lanes at Chippiwada, Delhi performing His service of publishing His 3-volumes of SB-purchasing paper, checking the book-binder, proof-reading at the printer, etc. One day HDGSP was thrashed by a bull. HDGSP relates this lila—[see the sign ISKCON where HDGSP resided] “In the beginning, it appears to be very bitter. When I took sannyasa, when I was living alone, I was feeling very bitter. I, sometimes I was thinking, “Whether I have done wrong by accepting?” So when I was publishing this Back to Godhead from Delhi, one day one bull thrashed me, and I fell down on the footpath and I got severe injury. I was alone. So I was thinking, “What is this?” So I had many days of very tribulations, but it was all meant for good.
So don’t be afraid of tribulations. Go forward. Krsna will give you protection. That is Krsna’s promise in the Bhagavad-gita. [Bg 9.31] [He quickly becomes righteous and attains lasting peace. O son of Kunti, declare it boldly that My devotee never perishes.]

>>> Ref. VedaBase => Lecture – April 17, 1969, New York

Archive

Show more