Hare Krishna! Introducing My Children to Vrndavana I remember my…





Hare Krishna! Introducing My Children to Vrndavana

I remember my first impressions of Vrndavana. The historic temples, the many pilgrims, and the ubiquitous calls of “Jaya Radhe!” (“All glories to Krsna’s most beloved Srimati Radharani”) deeply impressed me with the veracity of my newly adopted Vaisnava practices. Will Vrndavana affect my very independent-minded daughters in the same way? I have three days to show them the Vrndavana I love. It’s hard to believe how much Vrndavana has changed since 1975. Vrndavana then had few amenities for visitors and devotees. Srila Prabhupada’s newly constructed Krishna-Balaram Temple rose high above the quiet, surrounding ashrams on their spacious lots with bird-laden trees. A rural atmosphere prevailed. Not so now.

Read the entire article here: http://www.dandavats.com/?p=15752


Archive

Show more