In a parking lot in Budapest… I approached a middle-aged…



In a parking lot in Budapest…
I approached a middle-aged lady. She was favorable, and I offered her the Krishna book, but she didn’t want to accept it. She started to explain why.
“You know, when I was seventeen, I read the Bhagavad Gita, and while reading it, I was constantly crying, because it was what I was always looking for. I directly felt Krishna’s presence.
“When I was a little girl, I always felt that this world is not my home. I told my parents many times: ‘You are not my parents. I want to go home!’
The last fifteen years I have lived a mundane life with my husband and children, but I have always desired Krishna’s association. I meditate every day, and I read the Gita, but I feel that in this world everything is gray and empty, and I desire to go to Krishna’s home to be with Him. He is like my secret lover.”
Finally she bought the Krishna book and said that at first she didn’t want to, because if she would read more about Krishna, then she would cry a lot again. She actually cried several times during our conversation.
She also said that she regularly visits people in the hospital who have cancer and preaches to them, because the last part of human life is the most important.
And she told me that it’s very difficult for her to try to become Krishna conscious alone, so she was happy that I invited her to the temple and to join our community.
She came to the temple for the Sunday program with her husband, and they liked it very much.
Your servant,
Mohana Dasa

Archive

Show more