Life On A Fast Day (funny song) by Yama Niyama Dasa…



Life On A Fast Day (funny song)
by Yama Niyama Dasa Brahmachari
Devotees always ask me, “Yama Niyama Dasa Brahmachari, you are so bubbly and upbeat and positive! Is there anything at all that does not make you happy?” and of course the answer is, “Yes. Fasting.”
When I first came to temple I said, “I want to join your movement. When is Breakfast and what rules must I follow?”
Devotees told me, “Okay. Devotional life means no mating, no sleeping, no defending, and no eating the meat, fish or eggs.”
To which I replied, “But what about the chicken?”
They said, “No. It has eggs in it.”
I thought, “These people do not eat anything cookable!” But they gave me such incredible prasadam I thought I had gone to the Heaven.
Then, one terrible day, I came for the breakfast and there was no such thing! They told me, “Oh, no breakfast today, Bhakta Igor. Today is fast day.”

Archive

Show more