Kavicandra Swami: With an effort to subdue my intensive fault…



Kavicandra Swami: With an effort to subdue my intensive fault finding nature I decided to write something glorifying various god-siblings.
Ladies first, (my mother taught me that, trying to make me into a “southern gentleman”)
First Urmila Devi Dasi (Edith Best) comes to mind.
In spite of a ”privileged” childhood and substantial achievements in academia, she remains a very humble Vaishnava. She has earned a PHD in education and is one of the most sought after speakers in ISKCON, yet she enjoys cooking with her grandchildren and sharing the pleasures of that. She is keeping a low profile and showing a good example for other Matajis.
She has the confidence of some of our most respected sannyasi preachers who allow her to edit their commentaries on the “Manah Shiksa”, That project is her initiative.
I have only met one of her many grandchildren, Jahnu Best. He is very humble devotee who leaves his luxury home in Hawaii to serve on the Polish tour, which is an austere lifestyle. That is following in he grand mother’s footsteps. She also leaves the comfortable life with her big family in Hawaii for intensive traveling and preaching.

Archive

Show more