“Keep up the good work.” -Alex. From the UK. Somehow…



“Keep up the good work.”
-Alex. From the UK. Somehow or other I got the attention of her and her future husband, and they came over to the table. She told me she already had and read the Bhagavad Gita, but she hadn’t seen this version of the translation. Srila Prabhupada’s translation, I began to explain, was from a traditional lineage of over five thousand years, personally handed down from one spiritual master to the next. So the potency of this translation is unbroken from when it was spoken by Krsna to Arjuna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. I was trying to show her the authenticity of this particular translation. That’s when she began to tell me that she is actually a Hindu. “Wasnt expecting that response!” I thought to myself, most souls that I have met who are Hindu are in Indian bodies. But not this gem.
Her story is that she was studying journalism and which facilitated her to travel abroad to study in India where she fell in love with the culture and philosophy of Hindu life, so she said that’s when she decided to “convert.”
So then I told her that Bhagavad Gita, although used by the Hindu as their holy text, is actually not a Hindu text, but a scripture written for the platform of the soul to realize self, beyond designations. The reason being is that anyone being born in a non-Hindu family is experiencing the same material reality as one who was born into a Hindu family, therefore Sri Krishna speaks this transcendental knowledge to Arjuna for the behalf of humanity as a whole. The reason I began to explain this was for the case that maybe some translations of the Bhagavad Gita don’t stress the importance that we, the soul, are not these bodies.
We had a nice talk and it was pleasant to hear about her spiritual life and attraction to ancient India and all that is continuing to offer. For more: http://www.tattvadarsi.com/

Archive

Show more