A “mystical experience” in a Greek island leads a soul right into distributing Srila Prabhupada’s books!

38 years ago on a Greek island I had a somewhat mystical experience and when it was shared with a group of young travelers, a lady from Brazil said "something wonderful is about to happen in your life! (no clue what) This statement compelled me to travel for no apparent reason, my mind was set on southern France (little did I know that was where Srila Prabhupada was at New Mayapura) After traveling for three sleepless days I ended up in Zurich without a place to stay, everywhere was full, as the sun set with all the energy I had I made it to a youth hostel. The Hostel manager said "Sorry we are closing and we are full" Please "I cannot walk a step further, if I must i'll sleep on your steps in that case", i replied. He said "wait I will check again.. he came back "yes there is one bed but you will not want to stay there!, it is the only remaining bed in the hostel" It is upstairs with the Hare Krishna's! "thats fine" I thankfully replied. (thinking, this will be diffrent) When entering the room I could tell some of the devotees were a little unsettled about my moving in with them out of the blue, with out asking permission, one devotee looked at me when I entered their room and said "are you sure you are in the right place?" half jokingly I replied "unless there is another group of Hare Krishna's? yes" (one devotee might have even gone to see about having me relocated) So Krishna brought me to Him without having ever spoken to a devotee, never having received a book, or visited a temple.. i walked into a room with a sankirtan party (some of the most successful big book distributors in the world for a long time) because I was extremely tired (also of mundane existence) and desperately needed a place to sleep, the rest is history. Read more ›

Archive

Show more