What happens to the graduates of Gurukula? Meet Sri Madhava Gauranga dasa

Q: How did gurukula training help you in your spiritual life? A: My gurukula training has been invaluable for establishing the value of self-improvement, respect, discipline, etc. Gurukula was, at the time, in an experimental phase, but although it wasn't easy I was lucky to have people whom I respected. These things helped me to see the value of spiritual culture. All things considered, I wouldn't have had it any other way. Q: What are your responsibilities in Mayapur now? How do you see their importance? A: I serve as a Dean in the Bhaktivedanta Academy. I recently also took up the service of heading the agricultural division in ISKCON Mayapur, and I am also on the Mayapur Executive Council and Mayapur Policy Council. Srila Prabhupada clearly outlined his desires for, and the importance of, the future generations of ISKCON youth. I believe that implementing this vision is of the utmost importance to the future of society in general. I wanted to share with the newer generations all the benefits of the gurukula system of education without the negatives we suffered in the early days. Read more ›

Archive

Show more